You can create your own video templates in two ways:
Clone an existing template within the Public or My Template libraries.
OR click on Create a New Template to start from scratch.
Get started by clicking on Create a New Template from the private or My template libraries within Video Templates. This will launch the video editor.
Just as the video editor is launched, you will receive the following prompt - 'Would you like to design separate experiences for mobile and desktop?'
You can learn more about designing for different device types in the linked article
For the purpose of this demonstration, we have set this option to NO
The Video Canvas: This displays the image being created and edited. The components are added directly on top of this.
Components & Properties: This displays the available components and their corresponding properties.
The Timeline and Components Manager: This lets you adjust the timeline of any component, re-order layers and manage the components.
1. To add Text to your video, click on the Text Component tile. The text component appears on the canvas and its corresponding properties appear on the right.
2. From the components manager, below the canvas, adjust the start and end time for the text component
4. You can view the available personalization variables by clicking on the Select Variable dropdown.
5. Copy the variable you would like to use within your text component and then paste it within the text editor.
6. Content tools also allow you to edit the Font Style, size, and color.
7. Under Design tools you can adjust the textbox background, border, size, and opacity. You can also adjust the text background color or set an image as the background and 3D warp. These settings have been detailed in the linked articles.
1.Under Components click on the Button tile to add it to your video.
2.. From the Components Manager, below the canvas, adjust the time-frame for the button.
3. Similar to personalized text components, you can personalize the button by copying the variable of your choice from the Select Variable dropdown and pasting it into the text editor.
4. The aesthetics of the button - Background, shape, border opacity can be configured under Design Tools. You can also adjust the button background color or set an image as the background. These settings have been detailed in the linked article.
5. Under Animation tools, you can set the animation for the button entry, exit, and duration within the video
6. To set where this button will lead viewers, click on Interaction tools. The various types of interactions have been detailed in the linked article.
7. To Redirect a viewer, when they click on the button, ensure that the dropdown under Interaction tools is selected to Redirect.
8. In the input box below, enter the URL that you would like the button to redirect the viewer to.
9. There are 2 additional options that appear when assigning interactivity to a component. These are - Pause and Checkpoint. Pause and checkpoint, determine the video behavior before the interaction is executed.
Pause: will pause the video for the stipulated duration, while it waits for the user to perform the click. After the time elapses, the video will continue to play regardless of whether the user clicks on the interactive component.
Checkpoint: will halt the video when the interactive element appears and the video will only proceed when the user clicks on the interactive component.
10. Please note that interactions can be configured for ALL the types of components added to a video, not just buttons. These have been discussed in detail in the linked article.
1. Once your Video Template has been designed, you can click on Define Meta to configure the template details such as the Template Name, Template Description, and Category.
Remember to click on Save Template to save any changes
All your created templates can be found within your My Templates library.
You can learn more about sharing your created media from the Campaigns section of the knowledge base.