You can create your own GIF templates in two ways:
Clone an existing template within the Public or My Template libraries.
Clicking on Create a New Template to start from scratch.
To create a new GIF template from scratch, click on Create a New Template from either the Public or My template Image libraries. This will launch the image editor.
Begin by configuring the background. For a GIF template, the background for the template must be a GIF.
The background can be selected in any of the 2 ways:
In the pop-up that appears, click on Media Gallery to view all recently uploaded media.
Select your desired background gif and click on Done to confirm.
- Alternatively, you can click on Upload a Background Image, and select your desired image from within your personal files.
You will then have the option to Crop & position your background image, should you wish to.
Once you confirm your image, you will be directed to the Media Library with your uploaded image selected.
Click on Done to confirm the selection, and your selected image will appear as your Image Template Background.
3. Once your Background Gif is configured, you can start to add components to your template.
4. The editor is divided into 2 sections:
The Canvas: This displays the Image being created and edited. The components are added directly on top of this.
Components & Properties: This displays the available components and their corresponding properties.
5. To add personalized text to the Gif Template, click on the Text Component tile. The text component appears on the canvas and its corresponding properties appear on the right.
6. You can drag the text box on the canvas to reposition it, and drag the corners out to re-adjust its size.
7. The text content can be edited within Content Tools, under Properties on the right. You can also adjust the font size, alignment, and color from here.
8. You can view the available personalization variables by clicking on the Select Variable dropdown.
9. Copy the variable you would like to use within your text component and then paste it within the text editor.
10. Under Design Tools you can adjust the text box position and size.
11. If you wish to add your own personalization variables, you can do so under Enlist Variables. Steps to add your personalization variables have been detailed in the Enlisting Variables article.
12. Once your personalized Gif Template has been designed, you can click on Define Meta to configure the template details such as the Template Name, Template Description, and Category.
13. Click on Save Template to complete!
All your created templates can be found within your My Templates library.