You may have already tried adding text, Images, buttons and lottie components to your videos. In this article, we will show you how you can add your personalised image templates to your Nexweave videos!
An important thing to note here is that when creating/ selecting your Image template, you must ensure that the variables used in the image template are a subset of the variables used in the video template.
Our Video template employs 2 variables :
Our Image template employs only 1 variable:
If we add any other variables, besides DOMAIN to the Image template, we will also need to add those variables to our Video template via the Enlist Variables tab.
Let us now walk you through how you can add a personalised image to your Nexweave video template:
1. Start by selecting your image template. You can use any Image template from the Public or My template libraries.
You can also create a new Image template should you wish to.
2. From within the template library, click on the menu against the selected image template and select Use
3. Next, enter a name for the campaign and launch a Quick campaign for this template.
The Quick Campaign will generate an embed code and a URL for the image
The Experience URL generated will be something like:
4. Append this URL and modify it with the following syntax:
Where USERNAME is the variable employed in the template and Nexweaver is it’s placeholder value. You can replace these with the variable and placeholder used at your end
Please note: The URL is modified so that the values for the variables used in the Image can be modified when it is used in the video template
5. If you have multiple variables in your image template, your URL will be modified as:
And so on
Where VARIABLE1, VARIABLE2 etc are the variables used in your template
And placeholder1, placeholder2 etc are their respective placeholder values.
6. Now, proceed to Edit an existing video or Create a New Video Template
7. Within the editor, under Components on the right side panel, click on the Image Component Tile to add it to your video canvas. Its corresponding properties should appear.
8. Drag to reposition the image, and drag out the corner to adjust the image size. Adjust the timeframe for the image from the components manager, below the canvas
9. Copy the Image URL as extracted and modified above (in steps 3-5) and paste it within the Image URL input box under Properties > Source Tools
10. Then, replace the placeholder values in the URL with the variables used in the Video template. This can be achieved with the following steps:
Under Source Tools, click on the Select Variable dropdown, and Copy the variable you would like to use
Paste this variable in the Image URL after “VARIABLE=”, replacing the placeholder value.
In our demonstration, the Image URL becomes:
That’s it! Each recipient that you share this personalised video with will not only see personalised text and buttons within, but will also see unique personalised images!