Nexweave not only allows you to personalize text components within a media template but also enables you to insert dynamic personalized images! These images can be product recommendations, profile images, website screenshots, company logos and much more!
In this article, we will guide you through how you can use screenshot machine to incorporate website screenshots within your media templates.
1. Start by registering on screenshotmachine.com.
2. Once your registration is complete, an API key will be generated.
In our demonstration, this key is 6d2d3c
3. Proceed to the Nexweave platform. Create a new template, or edit an existing template. In our demonstration, we are adding a screenshot to an Image template, however the same steps can be applied to video templates as well
4. From the Enlist Variable tab within the editor, enlist a new variable for the company website or domain. This variable will be used as an input by screenshot machine to generate the website screenshot for that particular company
In our demonstration, we have created the variable - DOMAIN
5. Under the Design Experience tab, add an image component to your template and position it based on where you would like the screenshot to be located
6. While the image component is selected, under Properties on the right, expand Source tools.
7. Set the image URL to:
where XXXX is the API key generated from screenshotmachine and DOMAIN is a personalization variable created in the steps above.
In our demonstration, we have set the image source to -
Please note: you can replace [DOMAIN] with the variable you have created for the website url
8. You can adjust additional properties of the screenshot under Design Tools
9. Click on Save template to save all changes. Your template is ready!
The website screenshot is associated with the variable for DOMAIN, hence each time a new DOMAIN is entered a new screenshot will be generated and dynamically added to your template.
You can test out your template, by locating it within your template library, clicking on the menu and selecting Use
Enter the values that you want the different variables to take on the right and click on Generate Link to see how the template changes for the different values.
As you can see, for different DOMAIN values, the logo and the company screenshot dynamically change!
Try it out for yourself! You can learn about inserting a dynamic logo in your template in the linked article
To learn more about how you can share these templates with your audience, please have a look at the Campaigns section