Personalized Image Over WhatsApp using KonnectzIt
Nexweave recently updated its UI and got a new look! You will notice differences (especially in the colours) between the graphics and screenshots you see in this article and the corresponding sections within the Nexweave platform. Don’t worry though, because the steps and processes this article details remain the same. Moreover, we’re going to updating this article to reflect our platform changes very soon. Stay tuned and keep reading!
Nexweave has integrated with automation platforms to help you make the most of automated workflows and engage your leads/ customers with real-time hyper-personalised experiences.
In this article we discuss how you can collect audience information using a Google Form and share a personalized image over Whatsapp, using WA API.
For this workflow, we are using KonnectzIT to create the automation. Here’s an example of what your leads would receive:
1. Begin by authorizing the apps to be used in the Konnectz.
2. In our demonstration, we authorized Google forms by logging into our google form account. The Google form we created, requests the following information from the audience:
- First Name
- Phone number
- Company website
You may use any other form builder platform to integrate within this workflow. You must however ensure that the phone number of your lead is collected.
3. Additionally, we authorized WA API by adding the API keys from our Whatsapp instance.
You may choose to use any other available Chat API platform that allows sharing dynamic images.
4. To authorize Nexweave:
- Search and select Nexweave within the Apps section. A pop-up requesting an API key will appear.
- To get the API key, login to your Nexweave account, and navigate to Integrations
- Click on Add Key. Then enter a name for the key, and click on add key, once again, to confirm.
- Then, copy the generated API key, and paste it into the KonnectzIT pop-up.
5. Once the desired apps are authorized, proceed to Create Konnectz
6. Drag and drop the google form app to the workspace. Under Choose Trigger, select New Response In Spreadsheet
7. Then, under Choose Configuration, select the google sheet where your form responses are being stored and then set the worksheet.
8. Click on Test & Review to test the Konnectz for a sample response. The responses obtained will be listed against their corresponding form questions
9. Next, drag and drop Nexweave to the visual builder workspace.
10. Under Choose App Event, select either:
- Create Experience with campaign (please ensure you select an Image campaign)
- Create Image/ GIF with Template
11. Then, select your desired image campaign or image templates
The campaign we created and selected for our demonstration is an Image campaign - titled Whatsapp Demo. To learn more about creating your own campaigns and templates, please have a look at the linked articles.
12. Once you select your campaign/ template, the Nexweave variables used in the template will be listed below.
13. Map the responses from the Google form to the Nexweave variables. In our demonstration we have mapped:
- USERNAME: 1. What is your first name?
- DOMAIN: 1. Enter your company’s website/ domain
14. Click on Test & Review. KonnectzIT and Nexweave will generate personalized media, based on the form responses.
15. To view the responses, from the Nexweave test, click on the + icon. Select the Image_link and click on Ok to display it within the workspace.
The Nexweave integration with KonnectzIT is complete!
16. Before we add WA API to the Konnectz, drag and drop the number formatter app (under add-on apps) to the workspace.
We will be using this to convert the phone number collected from the google form, into a format acceptable by WA API
17. Within the number formatter, set the format option to Format Phone Number.
18. Select your preferred option under define option. In our demonstration, we have selected No symbols International, and set the country to India. KonnectzIT will accordingly identify the country code to add as a prefix to the phone number
Please note: WA API only accepts phone numbers with the country code attached. You may format the number based on your preferred country code, or based on the format required by the chat API platform you are using
19. Connect the phone number response, from the Google form to the Customize response input within the number formatter.
20. Then, within the customize response input box (within the number formatter), type @ to see the available response variables, and select the google form phone number response from the list.
21. Click on Validate to confirm if the number formatter is accepting the response correctly
22. Finally, add the WA API App to the visual builder. Set the App Event to Send Dynamic Image.
23. The required fields : Number & Message will appear below. Map the following:
- Number : number from the number formatter
- Message: Image link from Nexweave
24. Then click on Test & Review. WA API will send the sample image over whatsapp to the number entered in the Google form.
25. Once you’re happy with your Konnectz workflow, click on Publish to complete!
Each time a new lead completes the form, a dynamic image will be created, personalized to them and will be shared via whatsapp!