Generate URL and embed code for your images and videos that are compatible with Moosend and directly plug them into the Email builder on the Moosend platform.
For our demonstration, we are sharing a personalised image in an email that hyperlinks to a video landing page.
Let’s begin by creating a new campaign. If you are new to creating Nexweave campaigns, you can have a lookout for our campaign documentation here.
Creating a new Campaign
1. Start by navigating to Campaigns and click on Create New Campaign.
2. Set the Campaign Name
and select the Campaign Type.
You can read more about the available campaign types here.
Since we aim to use both Image and Video templates as a part of our campaign, we selected the campaign type as Image + Video.
However, you may choose either Image or Video
campaigns, based on your preferences.
3. Next, select the Image and Video templates you would like to employ for this campaign.
For our demonstration, we have selected:
Image template: Welcome Message - Play
Video template: Welcome to the family
Video thumbnail: Welcome Message - Play
Now let’s proceed to set up the activation method.
Setting the Activation Method
- Start by selecting the Activation Method from the drop-down. Here, select URL Override Campaign.
- You will then be prompted to enter the Fallback values for the Nexweave variables being used in the selected templates. Click on Save to confirm the fallback values.
Once you Save the Campaign, you can also Preview the Image and Video templates selected.
- Click on Launch Campaign. This will then enable you to generate embed codes for the image and video.
Once you launch, click on Get Embed Code to open the modal. Select the integration platform as Moosend. Then map each of the Nexweave variables with the corresponding Moosend variables by selecting them from the dropdown.
In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own variable from within the dropdown.
Click on Generate Embed code to get the email embed code compatible with the Moosend platform.
Now let’s move to Moosend, to create a campaign.
Create a Moosend Campaign
Start by logging into your Moosend Account.
Before proceeding with the campaign, you must ensure that you have a valid Mailing list active within Moosend. You can learn how to create and manage Moosend Mailing lists here.
Click on Campaigns on the left navigation bar, and select Create New Campaign.
- Then, select a Campaign Type from the list. For our demonstration, we have selected the Regular Campaign.
- Next, under Campaign settings enter the required campaign details including the campaign name, Sender Email, subject etc. Wherever available, you can click on # to add personalization to the text. Click on Next to continue.
- Then, you will be prompted to select your Mailing List. Check the corresponding box against the mailing list of your choice.
- Once confirmed, select the campaign format as HTML and Plain Text. Click on Next to continue.
- To create the email layout, click on Take me to the Editor. You may also choose to use one of the existing email templates.
- Within the editor, first, drag and drop the desired structure and then drag and drop the desired element block onto the email body.
For our demonstration, we have selected the Full-Width Container structure and will be adding the Text element to it.
To add personalization variables to the text, click on Personalization within the Text editor and select the desired variable from the dropdown.
- Next, to add the personalised image to the email, once again add the Full-width container structure to the email template. Now select the Element - HTML.
In the HTML block that appears, copy the embed code generated on the Nexweaveplatform and paste it within the Moosend Email editor.
Please note: In the Preview mode, you may not be able to see the image, however the same will be reflected once you send it over an email.
Click on Update Campaign & Continue to continue.
- You can then choose to send a test email to up to 5 email addresses if you wish to.
- Next, Navigate to Schedule Delivery and select whether you would like to Send Now or schedule for a later time. For our demonstration, we have selected Send Now.
Click on Next to continue.
- Finally, under Snapshot verify the campaign details.
- Once confirmed click on Send to complete the campaign!
Here’s a quick preview of what the recipient’s see at their end: