Generate a URL and embed code for your images and videos that are compatible with Mailchimp and directly plug them into the email builder on the Mailchimp platform!
For our demonstration, we are sharing a personalised image in an email that hyperlinks to a video landing page. Here's an example of what your recipients would receive:
1. Start by configuring and launching a URL Override campaign in Nexweave. To learn how you can successfully run a URL campaign, please have a look at the linked article, or you can also refer to the video below:
2. Once your campaign is launched, click on Generate Embed Code
3. In the embed code modal, set the Integration platform from the dropdown to Mailchimp
4. Then, map each of the listed Nexweave variables with the corresponding Mailchimp variables by selecting them from the dropdown.
In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own platform variable from within the dropdown.
5. In our demonstration we have mapped the variables:
NAME : *|FNAME|*
DOMAIN : *|MMERGE6|*
Since Mailchimp does not have a default tag for DOMAIN, we created *|MMERGE6|* as a custom tag on Mailchimp. We added and created the same tag within Nexweave, as demonstrated below:
6. Click on Generate Embed code to get the email embed code compatible with the Mailchimp platform
8. In the email builder, drag and drop the Code Block to the email template.
9. Copy the generated code from the Nexweave campaign, and paste it into the the code block within Mailchimp