Nexweave recently updated its UI and got a new look! You will notice differences (especially in the colours) between the graphics and screenshots you see in this article and the corresponding sections within the Nexweave platform. Don’t worry though, because the steps and processes this article details remain the same. Moreover, we’re going to updating this article to reflect our platform changes very soon. Stay tuned and keep reading!
Using the URL Override method, you can generate URLs and/or embed codes for use with Ontraport. Once the campaign has been activated, you will get an option to request the email embed code that would work with Ontraport to send emails.
Here are the steps to be followed:
Create and Configure a New Campaign
We need to begin by creating a campaign. In the Campaigns
section, click on Create New Campaigns
The next step would be to configure the campaign by mentioning the following details:
- Name of the campaign: Add a name to the campaign so that you can reference it later.
- Type of the Campaign: For emails, we can create two types of campaigns.
1. 'IMAGE' type if we wish to include just a personalized image in the email.
2.'IMAGE + VIDEO' if you would like to include a personalized image in the email that hyperlinks to a personalized video/video landing page.
For the purpose of documentation, we are using the type 'IMAGE + VIDEO' to demonstrate.
- Templates to be used in the campaign: Mention the templates to be used as a part of the campaign. In this case, we would need to mention the template for the video, the thumbnail for the video (Optional) and the image to be embedded in the email body.
- Landing Page URL: You can set the landing page as a Default Landing Page OR as a Custom Landing Page where you would need to include the Landing Page embed code to view the personalized videos within the landing page.
Here we would need to complete the configuration steps, to activate the campaign by first selecting the Campaign Type. In this case, we have selected the URL Override campaign method. In this method, we need to mention the fallback value of the variables used in the campaign and then click on Save.
Please Note: The reason for selecting the fallback value is to allow users to skip some variables in the future by setting a fixed value from them, also called fallback value.
Once the campaign is saved, you can preview the image and video experiences to be sure and proceed to Launch Campaign.Once the campaign is launched, click on Get Embed Code to open the modal. Select the integration platform as Ontraport. Then map each of the Nexweave variables with the corresponding Ontraport by selecting them from the dropdown. In case the variable list does not contain an appropriate match, you can also create your own variable from within the dropdown.
Please note: If you intend to show the personalized video on a white-labeled URL or a custom landing page, then you would need to also embed the Landing Page Embed Code on your page.
Setup Ontraport Campaign
As the next step, you would need to login into your Ontraport account and select Message from the Campaign section. Click on New Campaign and select Raw HTML Email as a message type. Select the sender's information and for the purpose of our campaign, we should be using the custom fields in this method for personalization. Let's start by typing in the basic email body. Now click on the source icon to paste the email embed code.
Here is how the email would appear when your user will receive it.