With Nexweave’s website personalization plug-in, you can now embed personalized images, videos and text right within your website! Share personalized website links with your visitors to give them a truly personalized and unique experience
In this article we will demonstrate how you can use the website personalization plugin to personalize your website.
Please note: our website personalization plugin is still in beta and is being improved everyday
1. Start by visiting the chrome web store. Search for and download Nexweave - Website Personalization plugin.
Please note: You may also find the Nexweave extension here. You can learn more about how to use this plugin in the linked article
2. Once your plugin is installed, you will be prompted to add an API key
3. For this, login to your Nexweave account and navigate to Integrations
4. Click on Add key. Set a name for the key and click on add key once again to confirm.
5. Once the key is generated, copy it and then paste it within the extension. Once your key is verified, you’ll see a message that says “Welcome to Nexweave”
6. Once the chrome extension is installed, go to the Manage website section within Nexweave.
7. Click on Add website, and register your website domain on Nexweave.
8. A Script tag is generated. Copy this script tag and paste it inside the <HEAD> tag of your webpage.
Your website is set up to be personalized! Let’s proceed to selecting the templates and then personalizing your web page.
The next step is to identify and select the templates that you would like to embed in your website and create a campaign with them.
2. Once you have identified the templates you would like to use, create a Quick campaign for each template
Please note: The website personalization extension only allows you to select Quick campaigns to embed templates. Additionally a maximum of 5 campaigns can be selected to embed in templates.
3. To create a Quick campaign, In your template library, against the template you’d like to use, click on the menu and select Use
4. You will be able to see the variables employed in this campaign and run a quick campaign from here. You can enter custom values for the personalization variables used and click on Test to preview the template with those values
5. In the Quick campaign input box under the video, enter a name for the quick campaign and click on Quick Campaign. Your campaign is launched and ready to be invoked using the plugin!
The same method for launching quick campaigns can be used for image and video templates
Now that your campaigns are launched, proceed to your website to personalize it.
Personalize your website
In our demonstration, we have created a sample web page that contains :
An Image block
A text block
A blank column (where we can embed a video)
Please note: while personalizing the website, you cannot add or edit additional components. Ie you can add personalization variables to pre existing text components. You can add a personalized image to a pre-existing image component.
AND personalized videos can only be added inside a div tag (container for HTML elements)
1. Open the webpage you would like to personalize. On the page, open the website personalization extension, and click on Start Editor
2. As you start the editor, a toolbar will appear at the top, from which you can select the campaigns to use.
3. From the select campaigns dropdown, select the campaigns you want to use in your website. You can select upto 5 campaigns from this list
Please note: as mentioned earlier, only quick campaigns feature in this list
4. To edit the text, click on the text component, a modal will appear containing the available personalization variables you can incorporate in the text
The available personalization variables are a union of all the personalization variables used in all the selected templates and campaigns.
5. In the text editor, type in your desired text message and click on the personalization variables available in the list to add it to your text message.
6. To add the personalized image, click on the image component. The modal will appear with your chosen image templates. Select the one you want to add within your website layout.
Please note: the image cannot be resized inside the website. The size depends on the size of the image container.
7. Lastly, to add the personalized video, click on a div tag, or an element container. The modal that appears will give you the option to add text or video.
8. Ensure that the video option is checked. From this list of videos below (these depend on the campaigns you have selected), select the video you would like to embed in this position.
Please note: the size of the video and the position cannot be edited with the plugin. It will adhere to the size of the container and the alignment and position set while creating the website layout
9. Your personalization is complete! Click on Save to confirm and save all your changes.
10. You can undo the single element changes from the landing page by clicking on the element and then clicking on Remove Changes
11. You can also remove all personalization by clicking on the Reset button in the top panel
Your webpage is now ready, but it still displays the variable names instead of values. Lets take a look at how we can override these variable values.
Overriding the personalization variables
1. Take a closer look at your webpage URL. For example your landing page URL is : -
2. Append this URL with the following syntax:
And so on…
Where VARIABLE1, VARIABLE2 etc are the variables used in the personalization templates at your end.
Value1, value2 etc respectively are the values you want the variables to take
VAR_ is the required prefix in order to override the variable value
3. So in our example, if we want it to be personalized for:
Company website: apple.com
Product name: Nexweave
The modified URL becomes:
Where USERNAME, DOMAIN and PRODUCT_NAME are the variables for name, company website and product, from our selected templates
You can replace these variable names with the variables you have employed in your selected templates
4. Here’s a preview of what this personalized website looks like: